Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Flight with triplets babies 2 years old

Our story of traveling with small babies. Not simple but with triplets 2 years old girls. The described here trip was our first one with them abroad. 5 hours before flight, 3 hours of the flight itself and finally 2 hours -  the way from airport to a hotel. So, totally 10 hours on the way - was a challenge for 2 adults to manage 3 babies...

Well, I think I have to start my story from the very beginning to make things clear and bring the full picture. So, the post going to be long what is unusual for me :)
We used most cheap flights available but direct - in our case it was Ukrainian International Airlines  PS341-342 Kiev Borispol - Larnaca.
flight tickets
Our flight tickets
Regarding tickets. To buy online is cheaper. To buy online on american site is even cheaper than directly from Ukrainian International Airlines! We traveled by economy class but the service was very good. So, PS341-342 is direct and in the same cheapest flight from Ukraine to Cyprus. In the Spring 2013 in addition - was the only direct one.
We are not from Kiev so have to get to airport first and it's not very near for us ~ 200km.
If flight time 9AM, we have to be before 2 hours in airport, means at 7AM and 2 hours for the way to there - then 5AM is a time when we have to leave from home. At 4 AM is to get up. I put kids in their bed as usual at 10 PM and 11 PM went to bed myself but my husband needed to work. When I got up in 3 AM he was still working.... At 3:30 AM my father came. He has to bring  us to airport. KIds did not want to get up. They did not want to wear diapers. I was hesitating if it is right to let them to wear trousers for a such a long way but still allowed them.
At 4AM we started to put the luggage into the car. Started to wear the girls. It was cold that time in Ukraine (2 April 2013) Jeans ordinary tights underneath, on top of a jacket with long cuff and said overcoat. Put shoes on the feet. And we was not wearing hats. Roads are very bad in Ukraine, especially after winter. Thats why we decided to went out early. We arrived well! Kids slept almost the whole way, except for Victoria. She fell asleep at the end of the way. In 7AM we were in the airport. Temperature outside was -2 °C.

But our babies clothes were warm enough :)
7:30AM - we loaded our suitcases on a cart. I love to travel with small luggage. And for all our travels we had enough just one our purple bag (pictured). usually we fill only half of it and leave space for souvenirs. Once we traveled even with smaller bag. It was the first trip to Turkey - we had enough gray handbag for 7 days 2 adults of summer clothes. This time everything was different. We were going to travel for 3 months with 3 babies. As a result, we've got four bags in the luggage and 2 carry-on bags in the bag with the camera, my handbag and 3 backpacks for girls.

triplets in airport
Granny saying goodbye to the girls
7:40 АМ - we have registered and completed the baggage. We were given good seats, almost our entire range of A, B, C, D, E
After, the girls went to the bathroom. I specifically bought the most usual seat on the toilet for the children. Since it is very convenient. Who knows what it is to hold the baby over the toilet will understand me, and when the three of them then it is even more difficult.
triplets in airport
 The girls saying goodbye to the Granny
Then we said goodbye to the grandfather and gave him a children's coats.


triplets in airport

triplets in airport
triplets in airport

triplets in airport
triplets in airport

triplets in airport
Passed customs and passports control. Everybody were smiling to us :) 

triplets in airport9:00 AM Waiting Room. There's a girl eaten hemp and went to look out the window at airplanes. I was with a casserole but the girls did not want to eat too much and I did not insist. Then they asked for water and I went to search. Found a jar of 0.2 liters per 40 UAH (4 euros) fell into shock but bought.
triplets in airport9:15 begun boarding. But I, taught by my husband, was slow to get up into a line and then wait in the bus in the cold - it is not too comfortable.
We had to go to the ground floor from second by stairs. It appeared too difficult for us. Children become unexpectedly scared and did not want to go by own feet... And here is not time to wait to ask them to. The boarding was delayed and now everybody is in hurry.
triplets in airport
triplets in airport
Each of us can take one baby and another hand to carry hand bag. But anyway my husband tried to keep 2 of them and left one for me.
God thanks there were good people around who finally helped us. A woman who has twins but traveled this time without babies helped us. She carried Viktoria as most brave of our girls :)
I don't know the name of the woman. But she has a kind heart and I made prayer for her health and her kids. She has twins. On the moment when she traveled they were 9 months.
I remember us. First time we traveled with my husband when our babies were 6 months. I stopped to feed them by my breasts. We needed a little rest that time very much. Interesting is a fact - we traveled that time to Cyprus too :)








10:00 finally we were sitting in the plane. Soon take off. Victoria took the place of A, I was on B, and Anna on C, husband D and Mariya on E. All is good quietly until I said I need to buckle up girls. With Masha and Vika we had no problems, but Anna refused to wear a seat belt. I understood that she was just scared. And when I clipped it over because she started to cry loud. I felt sorry for all the passengers and unbuckled the belt and stopped the cry sound. Later I started to explain her what is it. Showed how to open and close it. It appeared to her as a game and later in turbulence zone we could already to have the belt closed we less problems.  Victoria the first 15 minutes of the flight staring into a window. Girls were waiting for the flight actually.
 I told them many times before that they will be able to fly like a  fairies and now they were very excited :)  Then they brought breakfast. Anna and Masha got almost nothing but Victoria ate the entire portion! 
On the plane with Anna Maria went to the toilet but not for a business but for exploration as it has become known later:) Just curious to see. Went from place to place with their toys (fairies) and play. They behaved very well, might made just a little noise when played but that's babies :) 
Take off
So, here we go - landing. Our first landing was very difficult. And I would say dramatic. The pain in ears scared the girls they were screaming as loud as they could!  I do not know how long was landing but it lasted a very long time for me like an eternity. As if the heart was torn to pieces but I could not be with both crying babies at the same time! Only Viktoria did not cry. That's how to be a mom of triplets...
Than Anya became hysterical because of her fairies, we have put in a backpack of Mary, not Anna. We got off the plane with the screaming Anya: "Where is my fairy?!". Then we got a fairy from Masha's backpack and Annie calmed down. When they came to passport control then Victoria and Mary ran and laughed and Annie sat and held my hand.

1:50PM Our friend met us at the airport. And we arrived at 12:50. We went out into the fresh air - was wind but very sunny and warm. Children had fun. Got into the car at all so busy playing, life was good. Even Annie smiled. In the car, they love to ride and sleep ))) Masha and fell asleep almost immediately Vikusya and Annie looked out the window and it was fun. I put in the backpack of every spare underwear, T-shirt and panties.

After 4PM had arrived at the hotel. Received the keys to the rooms . And then going to the bathroom . It turns out that the girls pee in Borispol at 7:30AM and 4:00PM here. I did not expect them to, wow!
And I wanted to put babies to sleep we all were very tired. Ate casseroles and went to bed I slept for about 5 minutes and I understand kids do not sleep!
Here is view from our window now. Here a little bit about our living in Cyprus for 3 month


promise to tell how we come back to Ukraine from Cyprus. I can say its was easy... even perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment